Registration for the 4th Annual New England Food System Innovation Challenge closes on October 8th. The Challenge will be held Nov 9-11 at Saint Joseph’s College in Standish Maine.
College Challenge:How might we create products, services, app’s or organizations that support the expansion of production, distribution, processing and consumption of local, sustainably produced food and seafood. We are seeking idea or very early stage ventures. Registration is now open at: www.NEInnovationChallenge.org
Consider products or services that address one or more of the following:
* Helping food producers become resilient in light of climate change.
* Applying big data to small-scale production.
* Utilizing the Internet of Things (IoT) to bring efficiency to small producers and harvesters.
* Providing equal access and ability to purchase healthy food to all.
* Reducing or repurposing food waste.
* Making the food supply chain transparent to all.
* Reducing or conserving inputs – like water – in the production of healthy, sustainably produced food.
* Using drones to improve the efficiency of small-diversified farms.
* Integrating aquaponics, hydroponics or land based aquaculture into the food system.
The food system is vast and complex system and this is by no means a complete list. We are looking for innovative and sustainable idea stage enterprise that could become startup ventures.