Are you interested in a forestry career? Love the Sierra and want to help conserve and restore Sierra forests?
Apply to join the Sierra Corps Forestry Fellowship Program!
The program is seeking enthusiastic, conservation-minded people to commit to a year-long fellowship working to restore Sierra forests and build resilient communities. The Sierra Nevada Alliance will place three to six Fellows with environmental organizations throughout the region for a year of forest-health related employment.
The deadline to apply is 8:00pm (PST) on October 16, 2019
Responsibilities and Projects:
Fellows will be placed to work at environmental organizations throughout the Sierra to help build their organization and region’s capacity to complete meaningful forest health work. Fellows will complete work in assessment, planning, project permitting, project management, and other essential forest restoration implementation tasks. Specific Host Site position descriptions can be found on the Sierra Corps website here:
Location: All positions for this round are located within California and the Sierra Nevada Range and most of the positions will be located in small, rural communities surrounded by outdoor recreation opportunities, wilderness areas and State and National Parks.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S.
• Must have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED (higher education degrees are strongly
• Must be a minimum of 18 years old
• Must be able to pass criminal background check
Compensation and Benefits:
• Employer-provided Health Insurance
• 15 paid Holidays
• Two weeks of paid vacation accrued at 0.83 days per month
• One day of sick leave per month accrued
• Technical skills training opportunities throughout the Fellowship
• Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Environmental Science, or related field OR at least 2 years of
forestry vocational training and education
• At least 1 year of experience with forest health monitoring and assessment
• At least 2 years combined experience in:
o forest health monitoring and assessment
o conservation planning
o project management
o environmental analysis and research
• Knowledge of CEQA/NEPA regulations and documentation
• Strong desire to work in a forest health related career, ideally in the Sierra
• Passion for conservation of the Sierra
To Apply for a Sierra Corp Fellowship Position please complete the following steps no later than 8:00pm (PST) on October 16, 2019:
1. Complete the online application available here: https://forms.gle/o3SAZH9ci4mbF1ht7
2. Submit your resume and a cover letter that summarizes your interest in the Sierra Corps Program via email with subject line “Sierra Corps Application” to Nicole Lutkemuller, Program Director at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Lutkemuller at firstname.lastname@example.org