Special Events Internship Position Description
FMI: Tanya Swain, Project Director
email@example.com or 207.592.4369
Under the direction of the Maine Food Strategy Project Coordinator, the intern will observe and assist with outreach and organizing for meetings and events related to convening partners working on strengthening various components of Maine’s food system.
General responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with the planning and coordination of meetings and events
• Assisting in communications around event management including timelines, calendars and reports
• Assisting with event outreach and promotion including social media
• Assisting with onsite event management and set-up
• Assisting with special events invite and registration process
• Assisting with the development and maintenance of mailing, media and guest lists
• Assisting in collecting and analyzing evaluation information
• Assisting in on-site event execution to include set up, break-down and AV support
• Notetaking for collaborative meetings
Intern will gain and/or improve upon his or her
• General communication skills
• Understanding of inner workings of nonprofit organization
• Planning Meetings & Logistical Support for Events
• Knowledge of best practices in meeting facilitation and conflict resolution
• Understanding of grassroots organizing and systems to support multi-organizational collaboration
• Strong interpersonal, verbal (including phone work) and written communication skills
• Basic computer processing skills including Microsoft Office and Internet
• Interest in the food systems, economic community development and/or nonprofit sector
Preference will be given to college juniors and seniors and those seeking academic credit.
Time Commitment & Compensation
This is a part-time internship (8 – 12 hours per week) beginning Fall Semester 2016; the hours and time commitment are flexible to be set between the supervisor and the internship candidate prior to the start of the internship.
$10 per hour; College credit is also highly encouraged and available upon school approval.