The Child Nutrition Engagement Program is an AmeriCorps VISTA project sponsored by Hunger Free America and funded by the Corporation for National and Community Service, the PepsiCo Foundation, and the Walmart Foundation. This national project operates two programs, one for a full-year and the other for just the summer, called the Summer Associate program. Both the full-year and Summer Associates work in rural and urban areas across the country as part of a poverty-fighting public-private partnership. These summer associates will be placed across 21 states with 27 community partners, all dedicated to fighting child and adult hunger.
The Hunger Free America Summer Associate Program aims to create more food secure families and support nutritious food choices. Summer Associate members will expand and support the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and raise awareness of and eliminate barriers to SNAP and other food/nutrition-access services.
Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program (MCHPP) is seeking AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associates to do the following:
- Conduct outreach in targeted communities of low-income individuals for the Summer Food Service Program.
- Assist SFSP sites in serving meals, which may include food preparation and delivery, counting meals, set-up and clean-up, coordinating and/or leading enrichment activities, and other duties necessary for site to operate.
- Recruit and train volunteers to assist with SFSP.
- Other SFSP and SNAP related duties as assigned
Application Requirements: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply for this position, please complete steps 1-3 listed below.
- Please go to https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=72162&fromSearch=true and complete the program application.
- Click on the following link to complete a Google survey to fill out your preferences for service. http://bit.ly/2npyyg0. Please note: this does NOT guarantee your selection for placement.
- Send a cover letter and resume to Mary Turner, Food Security Coalition Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and please include “Summer Associate VISTA Application” in the subject.