ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
Title: Outreach Coordinator
Salary Range: Salary based on experience and prior work history
Job Status: Exempt
FTE Status: Full time (¾ FTE would be considered) Applications Due: January 30th, 2018, 5 PM EST
Location: Virtual office, based within 45 minutes of a major airport
Application Link: https://elpnet.org/elp-job-application
ELP’S NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
ELP is committed to the principles of equal opportunity. ELP’s organizational policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, internships and other terms and conditions of employment or voluntary service shall not be based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable law.
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND AND POSITION DETAILS
ELP is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial non-profit working to create a robust national network of environmental and social change leaders. We support visionary, action-oriented, and diverse leadership for a just and sustainable future. ELP aims to catalyze change by providing emerging leaders with the support and guidance they need to launch new endeavors, achieve new successes, and rise to new leadership positions. For more, visit www.elpnet.org.
The Outreach Coordinator’s primary responsibilities will be to support outreach, recruitment and onboarding for ELP’s Fellowship Programs. This position will report to the Deputy Director and assist in the execution of our Fellowship Programs, including leading outreach and recruitment efforts, supporting a volunteer-based selection committee, and providing logistics support to the Fellowship Program Manager. This job may also include facilitation opportunities at multi-day retreats and events around the country.
The Outreach Coordinator will be expected to bring new ideas and strategies, revise their work on short timelines and bring an attitude of continuous improvement and a culture of
innovation. They will be expected to manage their own balanced work week based on the
demands of the job. While this job will take place in a virtual office it does require the
ability to travel to multi-day trainings throughout the year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Outreach and Recruitment
The Outreach Coordinator will work with ELP’s Fellowship Program Manager to develop and execute the recruitment strategy of ELP’s Fellowship Programs including direct outreach via phone, e-communications, online research and in-person events. This individual will manage a volunteer selection committee composed of ELP Senior Fellows (alumni).
The Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for managing the logistical details of Fellowship retreats including assembly of training materials, supporting travel logistics, and venue support.
Organization Administrative Support
Duties to be assigned on a need be basis.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Ideal candidates will have experience in a majority of the following:
– Experience with outreach, recruitment, and management of volunteers.
– Networking and establishing relationships in person, by phone, and by email.
– Working cooperatively with wide a range of personalities, including staff, Fellows and volunteers.
– Ability and discipline to work remotely is required.
– Strong computer skills with proficiency in cloud-based collaborative software: Microsoft Office products, Google Docs, Dropbox, Email Marketing, etc.
– Managing relationships in Salesforce CRM preferred.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate evidence of the following characteristics:
• Energetic, innovative, creative self-starter with attention to detail.
• Dedication to continuous improvement and a culture of learning.
• Understanding of, and a commitment to advancing the mission, core values, and learning organization principles of ELP.
• Ability to connect with other people’s passions.
• Understanding of their strengths and the strengths of those around them.
• Strong interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, patience and team orientation; team player with a sense of humor and a life outside of work.
• Comfortable meeting new people regularly