Maine Center for Economic Policy is seeking a Digital Communications and Campaigns Strategist to join our team. The Strategist will be primarily responsible for overseeing the organization’s digital communications in support of our research, analysis, and advocacy mission. The position is based in Augusta, Maine, and reports to the Communications Director. This is a full-time position, with general availability expected during normal business hours. Some remote work may be permitted after a 120-day orientation period.
MECEP is a nonpartisan, nonprofit research and policy organization dedicated to improving the economic well-being of low- and moderate-income Mainers. For 24 years, MECEP has improved economic opportunity and security for working families by advocating for fairer tax policies, improved access to education, health care, and livable wage jobs, and investment in the public programs and services on which Mainers rely. For more information, visit mecep.org.
Under the supervision of the Communications Director, the Digital Communications and Campaigns Strategist will bring MECEP’s policy research, analysis, and advocacy to digital audiences through a variety of platforms, channels, and media. Working with MECEP’s staff, the Strategist is responsible for crafting and executing digital campaigns that support all aspects of MECEP’s work — including education, advocacy, outreach, and development.
- Managing, growing, and developing metrics to measure MECEP’s social media activities, including the management of paid social media campaigns.
- Managing MECEP’s email program, including list management and segmentation.
- Designing and producing digital and print content, including video, for a variety of audiences
- Managing MECEP’s website and blog
- Other communications-related tasks, as directed
- Dedication to MECEP’s mission and a passion for economic justice and racial equity.
- Robust social media skills across platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including paid advertising campaigns
- Experience with email marketing tools such as ActionNetwork, MailChimp, or Constant Contact and online publishing platforms such as WordPress.
- Skill with Adobe Creative Suite or similar and video editing tools.
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, manage competing priorities and work independently and as part of a team
MECEP offers competitive salary based on experience. Salary range for this position is $40,000 to $50,000. We also offer a generous benefits package including four weeks of vacation time annually, paid sick leave and family medical leave, 100% paid health and dental insurance, annual SEP-IRA retirement contributions and 12 paid holidays.
A reasonable moving stipend is available for applicants willing to relocate for the position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send your resume, a short email (no more than 300 words) telling us why we should hire you for this position, and samples of previous work. Email: email@example.com by November 20, 2018. Please include “Digital Communications and Campaigns Strategist” in the subject line. MECEP is looking to hire the right applicant as soon as possible, but start date is negotiable.
MECEP is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. MECEP encourages people of color, women, immigrants, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, and members of any other group that experiences adversity in hiring to apply.