Application deadline: March 26, 2018
About Harpswell Heritage Land Trust (HHLT)
The Harpswell Heritage Land Trust’s mission is preserve and protect Harpswell’s natural resources, cultural heritage and access to the outdoors through targeted conservation, responsible stewardship and education. Learn more at www.hhltmaine.org.
Harpswell Heritage Land Trust is seeking a highly motivated individual to take on stewardship, communications and volunteer coordination. This person will work alongside the Executive Director and Outreach Coordinator. This diverse and interesting position provides a great opportunity to make a positive impact on conservation in Harpswell and be involved in all aspects of the work of a small nonprofit land trust.
The Stewardship and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for some or all of the following tasks, in cooperation with committees, the board of trustees, volunteers and other staff members.
- Organize the annual monitoring of HHLT’s conservation easements.
- Draft and carry out annual work plans for preserves and trails. Oversee and communicate with stewards.
- Maintain property notebooks and assist in drafting and updating preserve management plans.
- Organize trail signs, maps and brochures.
- Communicate with and coordinate volunteers.
- Support the Harpswell Invasive Plant Partnership.
- Organize print and electronic newsletters.
- Update and improve HHLT’s web presence.
- Develop relationships with local media outlets. Submit press releases and calendar listings as needed.
- Other tasks based on the individual’s interests and HHLT’s needs.
Hours and compensation
This is a year-round, 24 hour per week position with a starting pay of $21,200/year. Paid vacation, holidays and sick time are provided. There are no health or retirement benefits.
The successful candidate will effectively demonstrate the following qualifications.
- Experience in the land trust or related field
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
- Good people skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Well-organized, with the ability to simultaneously pursue many priorities
- Computer skills
- Familiarity with conservation and/or environmental education and/or trail design and maintenance
- Experience with graphic design
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter by March 26, 2018 to Reed Coles at email@example.com.