CALL FOR APPLICANTS for the Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) for summer 2018
Please note: Application deadline is February 02 , 2018!
The Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) (http://agsci.oregonstate.edu/eisi) will be held at the HJ Andrews Experimental
Forest (http://andrewsforest.oregonstate.edu/) in the beautiful Oregon Cascade mountains.
WHO: Continuing undergraduate students from all over the US who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or its possessions
WHAT: Summer institute experience, stipend, and housing provided.
WHEN: June 18th – August 24th, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 02 , 2018.
WHERE: HJ Andrews Experimental Forest on the McKenzie River and at OSU in Corvallis, OR.
Eco-Informatics, an emerging discipline, integrates mathematics, computer science, statistics, and engineering with the study and management of
ecosystems. Through a ten-week undergraduate/early graduate research experience, the EISI will provide interdisciplinary training for young scientists to
help manage ecosystems in our technologically sophisticated, globalized world. Through the integration of research and education, effective mentoring, and
hands-on experiences at the HJ Andrews, participants will gain:
- Valuable research experience in Eco-Informatics and in their own disciplines.
- The foundation and opportunities to develop and seek support for their own graduate program, including a peer-reviewed research proposal.
- The training to become outstanding interdisciplinary scientists and effective contributors to the science and management of ecosystems.
Participants will receive:
- A total stipend of $5,000.
- Free lodging at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest and on the OSU campus
- The opportunity for down time and group activities.
For more details on this year’s projects and for the applications, please go to http://agsci.oregonstate.edu/eisi
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com
Desiree Tullos, PhD, PE
Professor, Biological and Ecological Engineering Department
Oregon State University
001 541 737 2038