Wetland Technician, Stantec
Stantec seeks an entry-level Wetland Technician to join our Environmental Services team within one of our New England offices. Stantec has a small company feel that provides local services yet has offices worldwide and thus provides the opportunity for travel and expanding personal horizons and professional experience. This position provides an opportunity to work with and learn from our network of professional scientists and biologists and will focus on wetland but also support a variety of terrestrial and aquatic natural resource surveys.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for using a Trimble mapping-grade GPS and other GPS enabled devices to guide and collect field data for field teams on both large and small scale wetland delineations, natural resource mapping, vernal pool assessments, rare threatened and endangered species surveys, and other natural community assessments.
- Candidates should expect to spend the majority of their time at remote locations in the field and be willing to travel 1-2 weeks at a time throughout New England and beyond.
- Working long hours, outside, in variable weather conditions, over rough terrain is typical for this position.
- Technicians will be assigned a GPS enabled device and will be responsible for following the established GPS standard operating procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Prior GPS collection or navigation experience and use of map and compass
- A basic knowledge of natural communities, wetlands, plants, and/or soils
- Experience in writing articles or reports that focus on applied field biology
- Experience using mobile technology and troubleshooting electronic devices
- A desire and ability to efficiently and safely work long days in rugged field conditions
- A passion for the outdoors and getting off the beaten path
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or related field (or other qualifying experience).
Minimum of 0-3 years of experience required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: United States-Maine-Topsham
Other Locations: United States-New Hampshire-Auburn, United States-Massachusetts-Quincy, United States-Massachusetts-Northampton, United States-Maine-Scarborough, United States-Massachusetts-Burlington, United States-Massachusetts-Boston, United States-Rhode Island-Providence, United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Organization: BC-1956 Environmental Services-US New England
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting: Mar 1, 2019, 7:12:36 AM
Req ID: 190000I4